COMMENTARY: Losing Jakarta. How will it impact Jokowi's 2019 reelection bid ?
Rendi A. Witular
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Idul Fitri came early at hundreds of mosques in the capital as their congregations chanted takbir (praise to Allah) and lit firecrackers until late on Wednesday in celebration of a new dawn after Anies Baswedan, the gubernatorial candidate backed by conservative and hard-line Muslim groups, swept closer to leading Jakarta. Anies, supported by the opposition camp, delivered a crushing defeat, ac...
You might also like :
- Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Police declare tougher approach against foreign drug smugglers
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police