COMMENTARY: Losing Jakarta. How will it impact Jokowi's 2019 reelection bid ?
Rendi A. Witular
The Jakarta Post
Idul Fitri came early at hundreds of mosques in the capital as their congregations chanted takbir (praise to Allah) and lit firecrackers until late on Wednesday in celebration of a new dawn after Anies Baswedan, the gubernatorial candidate backed by conservative and hard-line Muslim groups, swept closer to leading Jakarta. Anies, supported by the opposition camp, delivered a crushing defeat, ac...
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- As KPK delves into BLBI, Jokowi says it was not Megawati's fault
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust