EDITORIAL: Women ulema for the world
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The first-ever national congress of women ulema, and the world’s first, organizers claim, was held from Tuesday to Thursday in Cirebon, a major area of Islamic heritage from which Islam spread to West Java. The host, in a province with one of the highest numbers of discriminatory bylaws in the country, was Nyai Masriyah Amva, leader of Kebon Jambu Al Islamy boarding school, which has about 1...
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route