The banking sector and mid-year liquidity risk
Analyst from the Macroprudential Policy Department of Bank Indonesia
Liquidity is important for banks because it determines their short-term operational capability. Banks with ample liquidity stock will be able to manage their cash outflows, either from loan disbursement or funds withdrawal, and so on.
Meanwhile, a bank with a liquidity shortage may not be able fund outflows, thus diminishing its trustworthiness. In its worst scenario, it may l...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Government praises Mitsubishi for exporting 21,000 Xpander vehicles
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh