The banking sector and mid-year liquidity risk
Analyst from the Macroprudential Policy Department of Bank Indonesia
Liquidity is important for banks because it determines their short-term operational capability. Banks with ample liquidity stock will be able to manage their cash outflows, either from loan disbursement or funds withdrawal, and so on.
Meanwhile, a bank with a liquidity shortage may not be able fund outflows, thus diminishing its trustworthiness. In its worst scenario, it may l...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Indonesia should think twice about military aid for Philippines: Expert
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Palace denies President and Vice President to get salary increases
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Fourth suspect named in N. Sumatra Police attack