The banking sector and mid-year liquidity risk
Analyst from the Macroprudential Policy Department of Bank Indonesia
Liquidity is important for banks because it determines their short-term operational capability. Banks with ample liquidity stock will be able to manage their cash outflows, either from loan disbursement or funds withdrawal, and so on.
Meanwhile, a bank with a liquidity shortage may not be able fund outflows, thus diminishing its trustworthiness. In its worst scenario, it may l...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte