The banking sector and mid-year liquidity risk
Analyst from the Macroprudential Policy Department of Bank Indonesia
Liquidity is important for banks because it determines their short-term operational capability. Banks with ample liquidity stock will be able to manage their cash outflows, either from loan disbursement or funds withdrawal, and so on.
Meanwhile, a bank with a liquidity shortage may not be able fund outflows, thus diminishing its trustworthiness. In its worst scenario, it may l...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards