The banking sector and mid-year liquidity risk
Analyst from the Macroprudential Policy Department of Bank Indonesia
Liquidity is important for banks because it determines their short-term operational capability. Banks with ample liquidity stock will be able to manage their cash outflows, either from loan disbursement or funds withdrawal, and so on.
Meanwhile, a bank with a liquidity shortage may not be able fund outflows, thus diminishing its trustworthiness. In its worst scenario, it may l...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- Jember airport development kicks off
- British couple's message in a bottle reaches Gaza