No confidence in confidence data?
Senior global economist, UBS Investment Bank
Financial markets treat surveys of business sentiment with considerable reverence. The headline measures are among the most widely forecast economic releases. If investors are prepared to go so far as to pay economists to forecast data, that tells us that the data is considered important in the financial markets.
Current sentiment surveys reveal very high levels of confidence,...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Indika completes acquisition of Kideco
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Israel minister calls for boycott of Arab area after riot