No confidence in confidence data?
Senior global economist, UBS Investment Bank
Financial markets treat surveys of business sentiment with considerable reverence. The headline measures are among the most widely forecast economic releases. If investors are prepared to go so far as to pay economists to forecast data, that tells us that the data is considered important in the financial markets.
Current sentiment surveys reveal very high levels of confidence,...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards