No confidence in confidence data?
Senior global economist, UBS Investment Bank
Financial markets treat surveys of business sentiment with considerable reverence. The headline measures are among the most widely forecast economic releases. If investors are prepared to go so far as to pay economists to forecast data, that tells us that the data is considered important in the financial markets.
Current sentiment surveys reveal very high levels of confidence,...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte