No confidence in confidence data?
Senior global economist, UBS Investment Bank
Financial markets treat surveys of business sentiment with considerable reverence. The headline measures are among the most widely forecast economic releases. If investors are prepared to go so far as to pay economists to forecast data, that tells us that the data is considered important in the financial markets.
Current sentiment surveys reveal very high levels of confidence,...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- Jember airport development kicks off
- British couple's message in a bottle reaches Gaza