We're all in this together
Author of Encounters with Asian Decolonization
Here’s a problem to contemplate — as if we don’t have enough. I’ve noticed, lately, that I, and too many people around me, despise the new global populism so much that we’re sometimes, in our frustration, doing what we claim to be against — stereotyping and generalizing entire cultures or countries.
These days, United States President Donald...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse