Quo vadis our forest moratorium?
Chairman of EcoNusantara, a leading advisory think-tank organization for sustainable environment and development
PREMIUM The moratorium on forest management improvement concluded on May 13, after six years of implementation. The commitment for better forest management in Indonesia was initially stipulated by Presidential Instruction (Inpres) No. 10/2011 on the suspension of new licenses and improving governance of primary natural forest and peatland. The Inpres was then extended with Inpres No. 6/2013 and Inpres No....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Zero down-payment housing not for all: Sandiaga
- Trial resumes of Kim Jong-Nam murder suspects
- Shuttlers try newly renovated Istora stadium ahead of Indonesia Masters
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press