Quo vadis our forest moratorium?
Chairman of EcoNusantara, a leading advisory think-tank organization for sustainable environment and development
PREMIUM The moratorium on forest management improvement concluded on May 13, after six years of implementation. The commitment for better forest management in Indonesia was initially stipulated by Presidential Instruction (Inpres) No. 10/2011 on the suspension of new licenses and improving governance of primary natural forest and peatland. The Inpres was then extended with Inpres No. 6/2013 and Inpres No....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- The warning signs get stronger
- Microsoft co-founder, investor, philanthropist Allen dead at 65
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women