Quo vadis our forest moratorium?
Chairman of EcoNusantara, a leading advisory think-tank organization for sustainable environment and development
PREMIUM The moratorium on forest management improvement concluded on May 13, after six years of implementation. The commitment for better forest management in Indonesia was initially stipulated by Presidential Instruction (Inpres) No. 10/2011 on the suspension of new licenses and improving governance of primary natural forest and peatland. The Inpres was then extended with Inpres No. 6/2013 and Inpres No....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement