Quo vadis our forest moratorium?
Chairman of EcoNusantara, a leading advisory think-tank organization for sustainable environment and development
PREMIUM The moratorium on forest management improvement concluded on May 13, after six years of implementation. The commitment for better forest management in Indonesia was initially stipulated by Presidential Instruction (Inpres) No. 10/2011 on the suspension of new licenses and improving governance of primary natural forest and peatland. The Inpres was then extended with Inpres No. 6/2013 and Inpres No....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance