COMMENTARY: Indonesian Islamists may just secure their biggest win yet
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM For the more liberal Indonesians who believe Islam Defenders Front (FPI) leader Rizieq Syihab was mostly responsible for the unjust blasphemy prosecution of then Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama, the police’s decision to charge the firebrand cleric over pornography is music to their ears. Some may call it karma or divine justice or, for the Ahokers out there, swe...
You might also like :
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Medan police officer imprisoned for shredding Quran
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- New Zealand PM makes UN history with first baby
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world