With sketches, people cannot lie
Jusuf Wanandi and Candra Gautama
Only a few maestros of painting have written their own accounts of their personal lives. Therefore, the autobiography of S. Sudjojono, or pak Djon, constitutes a major contribution to Indonesia’s visual art scene.
Pak Djon is a thinker of Indonesian culture. The ideas he has portrayed through paintings are inseparable from his vision about the culture of I...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals