With sketches, people cannot lie
Jusuf Wanandi and Candra Gautama
Only a few maestros of painting have written their own accounts of their personal lives. Therefore, the autobiography of S. Sudjojono, or pak Djon, constitutes a major contribution to Indonesia’s visual art scene.
Pak Djon is a thinker of Indonesian culture. The ideas he has portrayed through paintings are inseparable from his vision about the culture of I...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash