With sketches, people cannot lie
Jusuf Wanandi and Candra Gautama
Only a few maestros of painting have written their own accounts of their personal lives. Therefore, the autobiography of S. Sudjojono, or pak Djon, constitutes a major contribution to Indonesia’s visual art scene.
Pak Djon is a thinker of Indonesian culture. The ideas he has portrayed through paintings are inseparable from his vision about the culture of I...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Jakarta court jails men for two years over 'gay sex party'
- Bali remains most popular destination for Middle Eastern tourists
- SHINee’s Jonghyun dies in hospital
- Mount Agung not a threat, let’s go to Bali: Minister
- Taeyang, Min Hyo-rin to tie the knot in early 2018
- Golkar kicks off national meeting to inaugurate Airlangga
- Bali prepares complimentary transportation, rooms if Mt. Agung erupts
- Jakarta nightclubs targeted following drug raids
- Milk, mackerel to be part of Jakarta food subsidy program
- Jakarta to procure more emissions test equipment