With sketches, people cannot lie
Jusuf Wanandi and Candra Gautama
Only a few maestros of painting have written their own accounts of their personal lives. Therefore, the autobiography of S. Sudjojono, or pak Djon, constitutes a major contribution to Indonesia’s visual art scene.
Pak Djon is a thinker of Indonesian culture. The ideas he has portrayed through paintings are inseparable from his vision about the culture of I...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- Indonesia, South Africa organize forum to boost economic ties
- Anwar Ibrahim: Indonesia visit to celebrate ‘Reformasi’
- Trump, Moon discuss N. Korea's threat to scrap summit