New Asian lender can clear the air
Head campaigner of environmental group Wahana Lingkungan Indonesia (Walhi) on energy and urban issues
This week members of the newest international financial institution — the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) — will gather in South Korea for the launch of its energy strategy.
With around US$100 billion of capital at its disposal, its vision will help shape how our homes and cities are powered for decades to come.
And this could not happen ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse