The IMF's management of Indonesia's crisis: A lesson
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Without a doubt former president Soeharto’s strong resistance to reforms required by the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) rescue program should be blamed for Indonesia’s economic crisis that caused what analysts considered one of the most substantial cases of wealth destruction in modern history, as the rupiah melted from Rp 2,500 to the dollar in mid-1997 to Rp 17,500 in earl...
You might also like :
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move