INSIGHT: G20: From economic powerhouse to guardian of global welfare
Senior energy economist at Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia
PREMIUM As the G20 leaders gathered in Hamburg, Germany, over the weekend, critics and supporters amplified their hopes in this economic powerhouse — a club of 19 countries plus the European Union. Nine years into its formation at the leaders’ level, G20 has consolidated its status as the power center of global economic governance. The G20, which accounts for 85 percent of the world’s...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies