INSIGHT: G20: From economic powerhouse to guardian of global welfare
Senior energy economist at Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia
PREMIUM As the G20 leaders gathered in Hamburg, Germany, over the weekend, critics and supporters amplified their hopes in this economic powerhouse — a club of 19 countries plus the European Union. Nine years into its formation at the leaders’ level, G20 has consolidated its status as the power center of global economic governance. The G20, which accounts for 85 percent of the world’s...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Tourism Ministry to lure New Zealand yachters
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- President Jokowi optimistic about electric cars in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu