A lesson from Jambi: Don't play with fire!
British ambassador to Indonesia, ASEAN and Timor Leste
PREMIUM In March this year, Zumi Zola, the Jambi governor, launched a regulation completely banning fire in the province — a first in Indonesia. Whilst challenging to implement, it is a major step in the fight against fire, haze, and climate change. Indonesia has 70 percent of the world’s tropical peatlands and the world’s thirst largest tropical rainforest. When cleared for agricultu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling