A lesson from Jambi: Don't play with fire!
British ambassador to Indonesia, ASEAN and Timor Leste
PREMIUM In March this year, Zumi Zola, the Jambi governor, launched a regulation completely banning fire in the province — a first in Indonesia. Whilst challenging to implement, it is a major step in the fight against fire, haze, and climate change. Indonesia has 70 percent of the world’s tropical peatlands and the world’s thirst largest tropical rainforest. When cleared for agricultu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family