A lesson from Jambi: Don't play with fire!
British ambassador to Indonesia, ASEAN and Timor Leste
PREMIUM In March this year, Zumi Zola, the Jambi governor, launched a regulation completely banning fire in the province — a first in Indonesia. Whilst challenging to implement, it is a major step in the fight against fire, haze, and climate change. Indonesia has 70 percent of the world’s tropical peatlands and the world’s thirst largest tropical rainforest. When cleared for agricultu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move