A lesson from Jambi: Don't play with fire!
British ambassador to Indonesia, ASEAN and Timor Leste
PREMIUM In March this year, Zumi Zola, the Jambi governor, launched a regulation completely banning fire in the province — a first in Indonesia. Whilst challenging to implement, it is a major step in the fight against fire, haze, and climate change. Indonesia has 70 percent of the world’s tropical peatlands and the world’s thirst largest tropical rainforest. When cleared for agricultu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse