After 50th birthday: Boost ASEAN's own security web
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM Many analysts have written about ASEAN’s accomplishments and deficiencies over the past week. Some believe that ASEAN has fared well given its tumultuous Cold War history. Others think it isn’t doing enough on critical challenges like the South China Sea or North Korea. Such a “glass half full/half empty” debate is not surprising amid ASEAN’s golden anniversary. Bu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Government reshuffles directors of railway firms
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018
- Maritime Museum catches fire on Tuesday morning
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant