After 50th birthday: Boost ASEAN's own security web
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM Many analysts have written about ASEAN’s accomplishments and deficiencies over the past week. Some believe that ASEAN has fared well given its tumultuous Cold War history. Others think it isn’t doing enough on critical challenges like the South China Sea or North Korea. Such a “glass half full/half empty” debate is not surprising amid ASEAN’s golden anniversary. Bu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper