After 50th birthday: Boost ASEAN's own security web
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM Many analysts have written about ASEAN’s accomplishments and deficiencies over the past week. Some believe that ASEAN has fared well given its tumultuous Cold War history. Others think it isn’t doing enough on critical challenges like the South China Sea or North Korea. Such a “glass half full/half empty” debate is not surprising amid ASEAN’s golden anniversary. Bu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games