After 50th birthday: Boost ASEAN's own security web
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM Many analysts have written about ASEAN’s accomplishments and deficiencies over the past week. Some believe that ASEAN has fared well given its tumultuous Cold War history. Others think it isn’t doing enough on critical challenges like the South China Sea or North Korea. Such a “glass half full/half empty” debate is not surprising amid ASEAN’s golden anniversary. Bu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Oil rises toward $63 as OPEC cuts weighed against US supplies
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore