After 50th birthday: Boost ASEAN's own security web
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM Many analysts have written about ASEAN’s accomplishments and deficiencies over the past week. Some believe that ASEAN has fared well given its tumultuous Cold War history. Others think it isn’t doing enough on critical challenges like the South China Sea or North Korea. Such a “glass half full/half empty” debate is not surprising amid ASEAN’s golden anniversary. Bu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October