COMMENTARY: School zoning well intentioned, but hastily begun
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Until last month, well-off parents did everything in their power to get their children seats at “favorite” state schools. They didn’t mind spending millions of rupiahs in admission fees and “voluntary contributions” to the schools’ already fat coffers. This will be a thing of the past if the propitious school zoning system that Culture and Education Minister ...
You might also like :
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games