Man-burning in Bekasi: The fire that brought darkness to Islam and Indonesia
Author of Julia's Jihad
PREMIUM There are a number of objects in Islam that are considered sacred. The Quran obviously is the first, then there are the Kabah and the Black Stone in Mecca, the Prophet’s belongings (safely ensconced in the Topkapi Museum in Turkey) and Sufi relics. But I just discovered there is another: Speaker amplifiers! Otherwise, why would some zealous attendees of the Al Hidayah mushola (prayer room...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Trump says Queen thinks Brexit is 'very complex problem': Report
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- 52 alleged robbers shot by police ahead of Asian Games
- White House, CNN in fresh row over scrapped Bolton interview