Man-burning in Bekasi: The fire that brought darkness to Islam and Indonesia
Author of Julia's Jihad
PREMIUM There are a number of objects in Islam that are considered sacred. The Quran obviously is the first, then there are the Kabah and the Black Stone in Mecca, the Prophet’s belongings (safely ensconced in the Topkapi Museum in Turkey) and Sufi relics. But I just discovered there is another: Speaker amplifiers! Otherwise, why would some zealous attendees of the Al Hidayah mushola (prayer room...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- OK Otrip opposed by minivan operators
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- Men treated as dogs and pigs in Paris catwalk shows
- Woody Allen backlash grows as daughter says telling 'truth'
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3