Man-burning in Bekasi: The fire that brought darkness to Islam and Indonesia
Author of Julia's Jihad
PREMIUM There are a number of objects in Islam that are considered sacred. The Quran obviously is the first, then there are the Kabah and the Black Stone in Mecca, the Prophet’s belongings (safely ensconced in the Topkapi Museum in Turkey) and Sufi relics. But I just discovered there is another: Speaker amplifiers! Otherwise, why would some zealous attendees of the Al Hidayah mushola (prayer room...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- Status: Online, but not present