ASEAN's golden age for infrastructure-backed growth
Regional head of commercial banking, Asia Pacific, HSBC
PREMIUM The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) marked its 50th anniversary this week with its biggest economies pledging to double infrastructure investments to more than US$700 billion in a five-year span that could enhance trade, tourism and development to drive sustainable economic growth for decades to come. Transportation initiatives are a key focus for budgeted spending in ASEAN&rsquo...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Indika completes acquisition of Kideco
- Israel minister calls for boycott of Arab area after riot