Commentary: Indonesia an (unlikely) honest broker for Rohingya
The Jakarta Post
For the first time since he came to power in October 2014, the usually inward-looking President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has launched a weighty diplomatic offensive with his decision to engage himself in ending the gross human rights violations against the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar.
The rewards are evident: He will boost his reputation abroad and at home voters will ...
You might also like :
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021