Commentary: Indonesia an (unlikely) honest broker for Rohingya
The Jakarta Post
For the first time since he came to power in October 2014, the usually inward-looking President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has launched a weighty diplomatic offensive with his decision to engage himself in ending the gross human rights violations against the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar.
The rewards are evident: He will boost his reputation abroad and at home voters will ...
You might also like :
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber