Religious supremacy and our silence
Communication consultant with Fleishman Hillard Indonesia
It was inspiring to see thousands of people staging vigils and peaceful rallies in Charlottesville in the United States to pay tribute to those killed during the violence instigated by white supremacists on Aug.12th in the Virginian city. One day after the deadly riot, reports said 500 rallies were planned across the US.
Despite US President Donald Trump’s display ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber