Selective humanitarianism of Indonesian Muslims
Ph.D student in theology at University of Notre Dame
PREMIUM Our daily news outlets are full of reports on the violence against the Rohingya ethnic group, which have triggered some hardline Islamic groups in Indonesia to organize protests outside famous Buddhist temples. To make matters worse, they, as well as some politicians, have been distributing pictures supposedly from Rakhine, only to inflame the misplaced anger toward the Buddhist community and Budd...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf