Selective humanitarianism of Indonesian Muslims
Ph.D student in theology at University of Notre Dame
PREMIUM Our daily news outlets are full of reports on the violence against the Rohingya ethnic group, which have triggered some hardline Islamic groups in Indonesia to organize protests outside famous Buddhist temples. To make matters worse, they, as well as some politicians, have been distributing pictures supposedly from Rakhine, only to inflame the misplaced anger toward the Buddhist community and Budd...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber