Selective humanitarianism of Indonesian Muslims
Ph.D student in theology at University of Notre Dame
PREMIUM Our daily news outlets are full of reports on the violence against the Rohingya ethnic group, which have triggered some hardline Islamic groups in Indonesia to organize protests outside famous Buddhist temples. To make matters worse, they, as well as some politicians, have been distributing pictures supposedly from Rakhine, only to inflame the misplaced anger toward the Buddhist community and Budd...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan