Selective humanitarianism of Indonesian Muslims
Ph.D student in theology at University of Notre Dame
PREMIUM Our daily news outlets are full of reports on the violence against the Rohingya ethnic group, which have triggered some hardline Islamic groups in Indonesia to organize protests outside famous Buddhist temples. To make matters worse, they, as well as some politicians, have been distributing pictures supposedly from Rakhine, only to inflame the misplaced anger toward the Buddhist community and Budd...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021