ASEAN rights body absent in massacre of Rohingya
Indah P. Amaritasari
Lecturer of human rights at Bhayangkara University
“In the end we remember, not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
This quote, from an unknown source, comes to mind amid the ongoing humanitarian crisis of the Rohingya minority in Myanmar.
The ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR) was established in 2009, as part of ASEAN’s effort to respect human rig...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Three elephants in Jambi relocated to prevent inbreeding
- Economic nationalism is back in Indonesia as election approaches
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS cancels collaboration with Yasushi Akimoto
- Dalai Lama: I knew of sex abuse by Buddhist teachers since 1990s
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Kinky Boots' encourages Chinese drag queens to 'be themselves'
- Salesforce boss Marc Benioff, wife buy Time magazine
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods