ASEAN rights body absent in massacre of Rohingya
Indah P. Amaritasari
Lecturer of human rights at Bhayangkara University
“In the end we remember, not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
This quote, from an unknown source, comes to mind amid the ongoing humanitarian crisis of the Rohingya minority in Myanmar.
The ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR) was established in 2009, as part of ASEAN’s effort to respect human rig...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan