ASEAN rights body absent in massacre of Rohingya
Indah P. Amaritasari
Lecturer of human rights at Bhayangkara University
“In the end we remember, not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
This quote, from an unknown source, comes to mind amid the ongoing humanitarian crisis of the Rohingya minority in Myanmar.
The ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR) was established in 2009, as part of ASEAN’s effort to respect human rig...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia