ASEAN rights body absent in massacre of Rohingya
Indah P. Amaritasari
Lecturer of human rights at Bhayangkara University
“In the end we remember, not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
This quote, from an unknown source, comes to mind amid the ongoing humanitarian crisis of the Rohingya minority in Myanmar.
The ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR) was established in 2009, as part of ASEAN’s effort to respect human rig...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky