ASEAN rights body absent in massacre of Rohingya
Indah P. Amaritasari
Lecturer of human rights at Bhayangkara University
“In the end we remember, not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
This quote, from an unknown source, comes to mind amid the ongoing humanitarian crisis of the Rohingya minority in Myanmar.
The ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR) was established in 2009, as part of ASEAN’s effort to respect human rig...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China