Fighting the 'ghost' within
Hendi Yogi Prabowo
Director of the Center for Forensic Accounting Studies at the Islamic University of Indonesia
PREMIUM The arrest of Tegal Mayor Siti Masitha in a sting operation by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) is yet another grim reminder of the fact that freedom from the “colonization” of corruption remains an unrealized vision for many Indonesians. Siti was arrested for allegedly accepting bribes in relation to infrastructure projects and licensing in the Central Java city. She was...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official