Fighting the 'ghost' within
Hendi Yogi Prabowo
Director of the Center for Forensic Accounting Studies at the Islamic University of Indonesia
PREMIUM The arrest of Tegal Mayor Siti Masitha in a sting operation by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) is yet another grim reminder of the fact that freedom from the “colonization” of corruption remains an unrealized vision for many Indonesians. Siti was arrested for allegedly accepting bribes in relation to infrastructure projects and licensing in the Central Java city. She was...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf