'Nikah siri' deprives children of protection
Muhamad Isna Wahyudi
Judge at Bima Religious Court, West Nusa Tenggara
Public concern was recently raised over the issue of nikah siri (unregistered marriages) after a businessman, Aris Wahyudi, the owner of nikahsirri.com, was arrested. His website facilitated nikah siri and he even advertised a “virgin auction.”
Aris’ actions triggered condemnation by authorities and the public, and finally the police decla...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- BMW ranks first, Subaru rated worst in electric vehicle survey
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems