Indonesia's microtakaful: Where are we now?
Mohammad Mahbubi Ali
Research fellow at the International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies (IAIS) Malaysia
PREMIUM Indonesia is one of the most attractive Islamic financial markets in Asia, as it is home to the world’s largest Muslim population and Southeast Asia’s biggest economy. The country has huge potential for market growth in the Islamic finance sector, including Islamic microinsurance (microtakaful). Microtakaful is an important, yet untapped, segment of Islamic finance. This is particul...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Government to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers