Indonesia's microtakaful: Where are we now?
Mohammad Mahbubi Ali
Research fellow at the International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies (IAIS) Malaysia
PREMIUM Indonesia is one of the most attractive Islamic financial markets in Asia, as it is home to the world’s largest Muslim population and Southeast Asia’s biggest economy. The country has huge potential for market growth in the Islamic finance sector, including Islamic microinsurance (microtakaful). Microtakaful is an important, yet untapped, segment of Islamic finance. This is particul...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC