Indonesia's microtakaful: Where are we now?
Mohammad Mahbubi Ali
Research fellow at the International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies (IAIS) Malaysia
PREMIUM Indonesia is one of the most attractive Islamic financial markets in Asia, as it is home to the world’s largest Muslim population and Southeast Asia’s biggest economy. The country has huge potential for market growth in the Islamic finance sector, including Islamic microinsurance (microtakaful). Microtakaful is an important, yet untapped, segment of Islamic finance. This is particul...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world