Rakhine: A moment for Indonesia and ASEAN to act
British ambassador to Indonesia, ASEAN and Timor Leste
We have all seen the shocking images of the humanitarian situation faced by Myanmar’s Rohingya people. About 607,000 people have crossed the border to Bangladesh in less than three months. Up to 200,000 Rohingya people remain in northern Rakhine and around 350,000 elsewhere in the state. Many of them are displaced from their homes.
Assessments from the ground indic...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back