Rakhine: A moment for Indonesia and ASEAN to act
British ambassador to Indonesia, ASEAN and Timor Leste
We have all seen the shocking images of the humanitarian situation faced by Myanmar’s Rohingya people. About 607,000 people have crossed the border to Bangladesh in less than three months. Up to 200,000 Rohingya people remain in northern Rakhine and around 350,000 elsewhere in the state. Many of them are displaced from their homes.
Assessments from the ground indic...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens