Rakhine: A moment for Indonesia and ASEAN to act
British ambassador to Indonesia, ASEAN and Timor Leste
We have all seen the shocking images of the humanitarian situation faced by Myanmar’s Rohingya people. About 607,000 people have crossed the border to Bangladesh in less than three months. Up to 200,000 Rohingya people remain in northern Rakhine and around 350,000 elsewhere in the state. Many of them are displaced from their homes.
Assessments from the ground indic...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- Malaysia and Indonesia will counter discriminative policy by EU on palm oil
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Skype disappears from Chinese app stores in latest web crackdown
- KPK slaps travel ban on Setya’s wife
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School