Don't spoil TNI succession
Homeland security analyst at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies
PREMIUM After a three-week recess, the House of Representatives has resumed its session. High-profile public issues on its agenda include the succession of top military commander Gen. Gatot Nurmantyo, who will reach mandatory retirement age next March. Some lawmakers and activists have urged President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo to nominate a new chief of the Indonesian Military (TNI) before the e...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack