Don't spoil TNI succession
Homeland security analyst at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies
PREMIUM After a three-week recess, the House of Representatives has resumed its session. High-profile public issues on its agenda include the succession of top military commander Gen. Gatot Nurmantyo, who will reach mandatory retirement age next March. Some lawmakers and activists have urged President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo to nominate a new chief of the Indonesian Military (TNI) before the e...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent