Consistent wood certification matters
IB Putera Parthama
Director general of sustainable production forest management at the Environment and Forestry Ministry
PREMIUM November marked a historic moment in Indonesia’s wood product exports. One year ago, on Nov. 15, Indonesian wood products were for the first time shipped with the timber legality certificate (S-LK), an equivalent of the Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade (FLEGT) license. The shipment capped years of negotiations between Indonesia and the European Union to conclude a voluntary par...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Transgender people assaulted by dozens of men in Bekasi
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Crown prince a 'red line' in Khashoggi probe: Saudi FM
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos