Consistent wood certification matters
IB Putera Parthama
Director general of sustainable production forest management at the Environment and Forestry Ministry
PREMIUM November marked a historic moment in Indonesia’s wood product exports. One year ago, on Nov. 15, Indonesian wood products were for the first time shipped with the timber legality certificate (S-LK), an equivalent of the Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade (FLEGT) license. The shipment capped years of negotiations between Indonesia and the European Union to conclude a voluntary par...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends