Consistent wood certification matters
IB Putera Parthama
Director general of sustainable production forest management at the Environment and Forestry Ministry
PREMIUM November marked a historic moment in Indonesia’s wood product exports. One year ago, on Nov. 15, Indonesian wood products were for the first time shipped with the timber legality certificate (S-LK), an equivalent of the Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade (FLEGT) license. The shipment capped years of negotiations between Indonesia and the European Union to conclude a voluntary par...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Gatot needs ‘soft-landing’ before retirement: Expert
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Jasriadi of ‘Saracen’ to undergo trial in Pekanbaru
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Bitcoin futures make muted stock exchange debut
- Fight rages on for House speakership