Consistent wood certification matters
IB Putera Parthama
Director general of sustainable production forest management at the Environment and Forestry Ministry
PREMIUM November marked a historic moment in Indonesia’s wood product exports. One year ago, on Nov. 15, Indonesian wood products were for the first time shipped with the timber legality certificate (S-LK), an equivalent of the Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade (FLEGT) license. The shipment capped years of negotiations between Indonesia and the European Union to conclude a voluntary par...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards