Khun Surin leaves legacy for ASEAN unity
Indonesian Ambassador to Sweden
PREMIUM Former Thai foreign minister Surin Pitsuwan, affectionately known as Khun Surin, was a strong and compassionate ASEAN secretary-general. I have high respect and many fond memories of Dr Pitsuwan, who passed away on Nov. 30. More than just my superior, he was my mentor and a thoughtful leader, particularly regarding his vision for the progress of ASEAN and world peace. Khun Surin was Thailand&rs...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Gatot needs ‘soft-landing’ before retirement: Expert
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Jasriadi of ‘Saracen’ to undergo trial in Pekanbaru
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Bitcoin futures make muted stock exchange debut
- Fight rages on for House speakership