Khun Surin leaves legacy for ASEAN unity
Indonesian Ambassador to Sweden
PREMIUM Former Thai foreign minister Surin Pitsuwan, affectionately known as Khun Surin, was a strong and compassionate ASEAN secretary-general. I have high respect and many fond memories of Dr Pitsuwan, who passed away on Nov. 30. More than just my superior, he was my mentor and a thoughtful leader, particularly regarding his vision for the progress of ASEAN and world peace. Khun Surin was Thailand&rs...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards