Khun Surin leaves legacy for ASEAN unity
Indonesian Ambassador to Sweden
PREMIUM Former Thai foreign minister Surin Pitsuwan, affectionately known as Khun Surin, was a strong and compassionate ASEAN secretary-general. I have high respect and many fond memories of Dr Pitsuwan, who passed away on Nov. 30. More than just my superior, he was my mentor and a thoughtful leader, particularly regarding his vision for the progress of ASEAN and world peace. Khun Surin was Thailand&rs...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?