Power rates put health at risk
Coordinator of the Association of People’s Emancipation and Ecological Action (AEER)
PREMIUM The Directorate General of Electricity is reviewing electricity prices set in power purchasing agreements with large independent power producers, of which coal-fired power plant projects have yet to begin construction and have not been given a Business Feasibility Certificate from the Finance Ministry. To protect the environment, this review needs to be monitored closely to ensure that environm...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Dozens of Rohingya come ashore in Indonesia
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu