High and low scores on addressing Papuan cause
Hipolitus Yolisandry Ringgi Wangge
Researcher at the Marthinus Academy, Jakarta
Papua presents a complex challenge for Indonesian presidents, including Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, especially given rising ethno-nationalist sentiment.
Developing Indonesia’s easternmost provinces is among the top priorities of Jokowi’s administration. In the first three years of his tenure, Jokowi has made four official visits to Papua and West Papua.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Hawaii shark bite victim previously attacked by bear, snake
- Nine injured in Thousand Islands boat explosion
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's