High and low scores on addressing Papuan cause
Hipolitus Yolisandry Ringgi Wangge
Researcher at the Marthinus Academy, Jakarta
Papua presents a complex challenge for Indonesian presidents, including Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, especially given rising ethno-nationalist sentiment.
Developing Indonesia’s easternmost provinces is among the top priorities of Jokowi’s administration. In the first three years of his tenure, Jokowi has made four official visits to Papua and West Papua.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says