High and low scores on addressing Papuan cause
Hipolitus Yolisandry Ringgi Wangge
Researcher at the Marthinus Academy, Jakarta
Papua presents a complex challenge for Indonesian presidents, including Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, especially given rising ethno-nationalist sentiment.
Developing Indonesia’s easternmost provinces is among the top priorities of Jokowi’s administration. In the first three years of his tenure, Jokowi has made four official visits to Papua and West Papua.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Gay couple arrested in Bandung as anti-LGBT wave grips W. Java
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- Trump: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi death credible, 'important first step'
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Extend odd-even policy
- Plastic piling up in Japan after China waste ban: Survey