Digital goods duties: Who picks up the tab?
Carmelo Ferlito and Sukasah Syahdan
Indonesia is moving forward with its plan to impose import duties on digital products next year. As reported in this newspaper, the duties will be imposed despite the World Trade Organization’s (WTO) e-commerce moratorium that member countries would not impose customs duties on electronic transmissions.
The government believes imposing the duties will “create a lev...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back