Digital goods duties: Who picks up the tab?
Carmelo Ferlito and Sukasah Syahdan
Indonesia is moving forward with its plan to impose import duties on digital products next year. As reported in this newspaper, the duties will be imposed despite the World Trade Organization’s (WTO) e-commerce moratorium that member countries would not impose customs duties on electronic transmissions.
The government believes imposing the duties will “create a lev...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday