Welcoming ASEAN's new secretary-general
A. Ibrahim Almuttaqi
Head of the ASEAN Studies Program at The Habibie Center
On Jan. 5, Lim Jock Hoi officially assumed the office of the ASEAN secretary-general at a handover ceremony held at the ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta. Replacing the outgoing Le Luong Minh, who served from 2013 to 2017, the former permanent secretary at Brunei’s foreign ministry would be forgiven for taking it easy during his first few days as he accustomed himself to his new role.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape