Welcoming ASEAN's new secretary-general
A. Ibrahim Almuttaqi
Head of the ASEAN Studies Program at The Habibie Center
On Jan. 5, Lim Jock Hoi officially assumed the office of the ASEAN secretary-general at a handover ceremony held at the ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta. Replacing the outgoing Le Luong Minh, who served from 2013 to 2017, the former permanent secretary at Brunei’s foreign ministry would be forgiven for taking it easy during his first few days as he accustomed himself to his new role.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’