Money laundering and human ingenuity
Hendi Yogi Prabowo
Director of the Center for Forensic Accounting Studies at the Islamic University of Indonesia
PREMIUM The alleged graft case of the former speaker of the House of Representatives, Setya Novanto, is now entering a new chapter. According to the Financial Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (PPATK), he could also be charged with money laundering. The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) suspects that, through a series of complex transactions, he received around US$2.6 million from abroad...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods