Money laundering and human ingenuity
Hendi Yogi Prabowo
Director of the Center for Forensic Accounting Studies at the Islamic University of Indonesia
PREMIUM The alleged graft case of the former speaker of the House of Representatives, Setya Novanto, is now entering a new chapter. According to the Financial Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (PPATK), he could also be charged with money laundering. The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) suspects that, through a series of complex transactions, he received around US$2.6 million from abroad...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Gay couple arrested in Bandung as anti-LGBT wave grips W. Java
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Trump: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi death credible, 'important first step'
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors