Insight: UN human rights chief visit moment of truth for Indonesia
Director of Amnesty International Indonesia
PREMIUM The visit of United Nation High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein is a positive gesture, but it is also a moment of truth, an opportunity for Indonesia to take a hard look at its level of compliance with its international human rights obligations amid the increasing level of intolerance toward those who are different, disempowered and marginalized in Indonesia. The UN hu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights