Insight: UN human rights chief visit moment of truth for Indonesia
Director of Amnesty International Indonesia
PREMIUM The visit of United Nation High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein is a positive gesture, but it is also a moment of truth, an opportunity for Indonesia to take a hard look at its level of compliance with its international human rights obligations amid the increasing level of intolerance toward those who are different, disempowered and marginalized in Indonesia. The UN hu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal