Attorney immunity vs accountability
Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Indonesian Christian Legal Society
PREMIUM The issue of advocate’s immunity, also called attorney immunity, has sparked debate after the Corruption Eradication Commission recently named a lawyer a suspect and arrested him for obstructing justice. The lawyer, Fredrich Yunardi, is accused of collaborating with a Permata hospital doctor in manipulating the medical record of his client, former House of Representatives speaker Setya No...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- Not wearing correct uniform, students told to do exams outdoors