Attorney immunity vs accountability
Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Indonesian Christian Legal Society
PREMIUM The issue of advocate’s immunity, also called attorney immunity, has sparked debate after the Corruption Eradication Commission recently named a lawyer a suspect and arrested him for obstructing justice. The lawyer, Fredrich Yunardi, is accused of collaborating with a Permata hospital doctor in manipulating the medical record of his client, former House of Representatives speaker Setya No...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights