Attorney immunity vs accountability
Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Indonesian Christian Legal Society
PREMIUM The issue of advocate’s immunity, also called attorney immunity, has sparked debate after the Corruption Eradication Commission recently named a lawyer a suspect and arrested him for obstructing justice. The lawyer, Fredrich Yunardi, is accused of collaborating with a Permata hospital doctor in manipulating the medical record of his client, former House of Representatives speaker Setya No...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand