Attorney immunity vs accountability
Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Indonesian Christian Legal Society
PREMIUM The issue of advocate’s immunity, also called attorney immunity, has sparked debate after the Corruption Eradication Commission recently named a lawyer a suspect and arrested him for obstructing justice. The lawyer, Fredrich Yunardi, is accused of collaborating with a Permata hospital doctor in manipulating the medical record of his client, former House of Representatives speaker Setya No...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace