Why boat-sinking policy is controversial
Director of the National Maritime Institute (NAMARIN)
PREMIUM Issues related to the sinking of fishing boats made headlines again after Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Luhut Pandjaitan and Vice President Jusuf Kalla demanded recently that Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti end the policy. Instead, she was instructed to focus on fish production to boost the country’s fish exports. She reiterated that boat sinking was not ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights