Why boat-sinking policy is controversial
Director of the National Maritime Institute (NAMARIN)
PREMIUM Issues related to the sinking of fishing boats made headlines again after Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Luhut Pandjaitan and Vice President Jusuf Kalla demanded recently that Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti end the policy. Instead, she was instructed to focus on fish production to boost the country’s fish exports. She reiterated that boat sinking was not ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand