Why boat-sinking policy is controversial
Director of the National Maritime Institute (NAMARIN)
PREMIUM Issues related to the sinking of fishing boats made headlines again after Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Luhut Pandjaitan and Vice President Jusuf Kalla demanded recently that Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti end the policy. Instead, she was instructed to focus on fish production to boost the country’s fish exports. She reiterated that boat sinking was not ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- Not wearing correct uniform, students told to do exams outdoors