Why boat-sinking policy is controversial
Director of the National Maritime Institute (NAMARIN)
PREMIUM Issues related to the sinking of fishing boats made headlines again after Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Luhut Pandjaitan and Vice President Jusuf Kalla demanded recently that Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti end the policy. Instead, she was instructed to focus on fish production to boost the country’s fish exports. She reiterated that boat sinking was not ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation