The uncertainties of cryptocurrencies
Bhirawa J. Arifi
Lawyer at Bahar & Partners
PREMIUM Bank Indonesia (BI) has again reaffirmed its resistance toward the use of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Indonesia. In a recent press statement released in January, BI has given a clear warning to the public not to use, buy or trade any forms of cryptocurrency, and has also displayed the risks of virtual currency transactions. This skepticism from our central bank is very disadvantageous...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- Not wearing correct uniform, students told to do exams outdoors