The uncertainties of cryptocurrencies
Bhirawa J. Arifi
Lawyer at Bahar & Partners
PREMIUM Bank Indonesia (BI) has again reaffirmed its resistance toward the use of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Indonesia. In a recent press statement released in January, BI has given a clear warning to the public not to use, buy or trade any forms of cryptocurrency, and has also displayed the risks of virtual currency transactions. This skepticism from our central bank is very disadvantageous...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand