Reinvigorating manufacturing base urgent for exports
PREMIUM President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo hit the nail on the head when he wondered that although our economy is akin to a person ticking all the right boxes at a health checkup, we are unable to run. With improved investment ratings, a major leap in the ease of doing business index and record-breaking stock valuations, it should be a piece of cake for us, yet it turns out to be a herculean task....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand