Reinvigorating manufacturing base urgent for exports
PREMIUM President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo hit the nail on the head when he wondered that although our economy is akin to a person ticking all the right boxes at a health checkup, we are unable to run. With improved investment ratings, a major leap in the ease of doing business index and record-breaking stock valuations, it should be a piece of cake for us, yet it turns out to be a herculean task....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights