Reinvigorating manufacturing base urgent for exports
PREMIUM President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo hit the nail on the head when he wondered that although our economy is akin to a person ticking all the right boxes at a health checkup, we are unable to run. With improved investment ratings, a major leap in the ease of doing business index and record-breaking stock valuations, it should be a piece of cake for us, yet it turns out to be a herculean task....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- Not wearing correct uniform, students told to do exams outdoors