Releasing the head without holding the tail
State University of Jakarta
PREMIUM The limited room for a policy rate cut does not dampen the spirit of Bank Indonesia (BI) to loosen its monetary policy. The central bank’s board of governors’ meeting in the middle of January opened the 2018 sheet by relaxing some macro prudential policies. First, BI refined the primary reserve requirement (RR). The RR in rupiah for commercial banks that had originally been set at 5...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China