Sexual repression and misogynistic moral police
Playwright, theater producer, director and cultural and women’s activist
PREMIUM A man and a woman were sitting at a table, chatting intimately over a meal. They were boyfriend and girlfriend sharing an affectionate moment. Suddenly a screaming mob invaded the house. The two were forcibly dragged outside. This violent, invading mob was led, shockingly, by a “public servant”, somebody certified by the state to serve the people: the neighborhood head, or ketua RT....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students