Sexual repression and misogynistic moral police
Playwright, theater producer, director and cultural and women’s activist
PREMIUM A man and a woman were sitting at a table, chatting intimately over a meal. They were boyfriend and girlfriend sharing an affectionate moment. Suddenly a screaming mob invaded the house. The two were forcibly dragged outside. This violent, invading mob was led, shockingly, by a “public servant”, somebody certified by the state to serve the people: the neighborhood head, or ketua RT....
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- The warning signs get stronger