Insight: Criminalizing private morality?
Jesuit priest and professor emeritus at the Driyarkara School of Philosophy
PREMIUM Last week in The Jakarta Post, Fajri Matahati Muhammadin wrote a highly critical response to United Nations high commissioner for human Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein. At the end of his visit to Indonesia, Al-Hussein had spoken out against the criminalization of homosexuality, urging Indonesians “to move forward — not backward — on human rights”. Noting that “the...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?