Insight: Criminalizing private morality?
Jesuit priest and professor emeritus at the Driyarkara School of Philosophy
PREMIUM Last week in The Jakarta Post, Fajri Matahati Muhammadin wrote a highly critical response to United Nations high commissioner for human Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein. At the end of his visit to Indonesia, Al-Hussein had spoken out against the criminalization of homosexuality, urging Indonesians “to move forward — not backward — on human rights”. Noting that “the...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls