Insight: Criminalizing private morality?
Jesuit priest and professor emeritus at the Driyarkara School of Philosophy
PREMIUM Last week in The Jakarta Post, Fajri Matahati Muhammadin wrote a highly critical response to United Nations high commissioner for human Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein. At the end of his visit to Indonesia, Al-Hussein had spoken out against the criminalization of homosexuality, urging Indonesians “to move forward — not backward — on human rights”. Noting that “the...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces