Reaching out to most oppressed minority
Leads the Burma Human Rights Network in London
PREMIUM Where we send representatives into the world, we too must ensure they embody the compassion, courage and humility necessary to perform the duties they are entrusted with completing by the citizens of their great nations. The former Indonesian ambassador to Burma (Myanmar: the junta changed the country’s name without public consent), Ito Sumardi, had denied gross human rights violations an...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?