Stop science from mixing with ideology
Arli Aditya Parikesit
Heads the Bioinformatics Department at the Indonesia International Institute for Life Sciences
PREMIUM Recently, the public was shocked when the Home Ministry issued a regulation requiring the supervision of research activity to ward off any negative effects that could endanger the state ideology Pancasila. Following the outrage, the regulation was revoked pending an indefinite period of consultation with various parties, the ministry said. This incident shows the intersection between ideology a...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Ten diaspora restaurants set to promote Indonesian tourism
- Apple tries to win back students and teachers with low-cost iPad
- Bali-based band Navicula bassist in hospital, girlfriend dies after car accident
- Ryanair to launch flights to Ukraine from October
- Indonesia, Singapore lead deep-sea expedition to West Java
- 13 Indonesian airports join Earth Hour campaign
- Two dead as suspected IS gunman takes hostages in France
- Syahrini responds to backlash over Holocaust Memorial video
- Human-like calf stuns Gorontalo residents
- Prosecutors demand 7 years for suspect in Cikupa persecution case