Stop science from mixing with ideology
Arli Aditya Parikesit
Heads the Bioinformatics Department at the Indonesia International Institute for Life Sciences
PREMIUM Recently, the public was shocked when the Home Ministry issued a regulation requiring the supervision of research activity to ward off any negative effects that could endanger the state ideology Pancasila. Following the outrage, the regulation was revoked pending an indefinite period of consultation with various parties, the ministry said. This incident shows the intersection between ideology a...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?