Stop science from mixing with ideology
Arli Aditya Parikesit
Heads the Bioinformatics Department at the Indonesia International Institute for Life Sciences
PREMIUM Recently, the public was shocked when the Home Ministry issued a regulation requiring the supervision of research activity to ward off any negative effects that could endanger the state ideology Pancasila. Following the outrage, the regulation was revoked pending an indefinite period of consultation with various parties, the ministry said. This incident shows the intersection between ideology a...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...