Fintech won't kill 'dinosaurs'
MB Hendrie Anto and Yunice Karina Tumewang
Back in 1994, Bill Gates claimed that “we need banking, but we don’t need banks anymore”. At that time, he even called banks “dinosaurs” and forecast that technology would drive them to extinction. But instead of going extinct, the dinosaurs have been evolving. The key word is ‘‘evolve’’.
The experience of the last couple o...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?