Fintech won't kill 'dinosaurs'
MB Hendrie Anto and Yunice Karina Tumewang
Back in 1994, Bill Gates claimed that “we need banking, but we don’t need banks anymore”. At that time, he even called banks “dinosaurs” and forecast that technology would drive them to extinction. But instead of going extinct, the dinosaurs have been evolving. The key word is ‘‘evolve’’.
The experience of the last couple o...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Ten diaspora restaurants set to promote Indonesian tourism
- Apple tries to win back students and teachers with low-cost iPad
- Bali-based band Navicula bassist in hospital, girlfriend dies after car accident
- Ryanair to launch flights to Ukraine from October
- Indonesia, Singapore lead deep-sea expedition to West Java
- 13 Indonesian airports join Earth Hour campaign
- Two dead as suspected IS gunman takes hostages in France
- Syahrini responds to backlash over Holocaust Memorial video
- Human-like calf stuns Gorontalo residents
- Prosecutors demand 7 years for suspect in Cikupa persecution case