Fintech won't kill 'dinosaurs'
MB Hendrie Anto and Yunice Karina Tumewang
Back in 1994, Bill Gates claimed that “we need banking, but we don’t need banks anymore”. At that time, he even called banks “dinosaurs” and forecast that technology would drive them to extinction. But instead of going extinct, the dinosaurs have been evolving. The key word is ‘‘evolve’’.
The experience of the last couple o...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces