'It's your fault!' and the antirape campaign in India
Author of Julia's Jihad
“It’s your fault!” — this is an accusation women around the world are used to having hurled at them when they are sexually harassed, raped or even when their husbands leave them for other women.
Today I came across it as the title of a three-and-a-half minute Indian video on YouTuve: Rape — It’s your fault.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack