Preventing tuberculosis: Expectation, reality, hope
Lecturer at the Coordination for Private Higher Education (Kopertis) Region IV Bandung
Tuberculosis (TB) remains the world’s top killer infectious disease. It is a bacterial infection caused by the Mycobacterium tuberculosis with the lungs being the primary site of infection. A quarter of the global population has TB, which caused some 1.7 million deaths in 2016.
As the world commemorated World Tuberculosis Day on March 24, sadly Indonesia is still listed ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw