Preventing tuberculosis: Expectation, reality, hope
Lecturer at the Coordination for Private Higher Education (Kopertis) Region IV Bandung
Tuberculosis (TB) remains the world’s top killer infectious disease. It is a bacterial infection caused by the Mycobacterium tuberculosis with the lungs being the primary site of infection. A quarter of the global population has TB, which caused some 1.7 million deaths in 2016.
As the world commemorated World Tuberculosis Day on March 24, sadly Indonesia is still listed ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future