Foreign worker regulation: The rights and wrongs
Ibrahim Kholilul Rohman and Morten Meyerhoff Nielsen
PREMIUM The phenomenon of the influx of foreign labor into Indonesia has led to a debate among political parties, corporate interests and the public at large. The focus of the debate revolves around the newly issued Presidential Regulation No. 20/2018 on foreign workers. Some see the regulation as solely facilitating a greater influx of foreigners at a time when Indonesia is grappling with unemployment. P...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims