Foreign worker regulation: The rights and wrongs
Ibrahim Kholilul Rohman and Morten Meyerhoff Nielsen
PREMIUM The phenomenon of the influx of foreign labor into Indonesia has led to a debate among political parties, corporate interests and the public at large. The focus of the debate revolves around the newly issued Presidential Regulation No. 20/2018 on foreign workers. Some see the regulation as solely facilitating a greater influx of foreigners at a time when Indonesia is grappling with unemployment. P...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world