Post Surabaya, responding religiously to terror
PREMIUM Indonesia is grieving, again. Three churches were attacked by a family with four children on May 13. The attacks happened soon after the 36-hour riot at the Mobile Brigade headquarters (Mako Brimob) detention center, including the fatal stabbing of Chief Brig. Marhum Prencje. As if those were not enough, there was another attack at the Surabaya and Riau Police headquarters on May 14 and 15, the fo...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world