Stepping up deradicalization
Naufal Armia Arifin
Graduate in political sciences from Parahyangan Catholic University
PREMIUM Amid the recent terror attacks in Surabaya and Riau and the controversy over revisions to the Terrorism Law, the court trial for terror defendant Aman Abdurrahman is continuing. Aman is believed to have founded the Jamaah Ansharut Daulah (JAD) extremist group, and is on trial for terrorist attacks, including those on Jl. MH Thamrin and a Samarinda church in 2016, although he was in prison at th...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...