Rising uncertainty, more effective WTO needed
Lili Yan Ing
PREMIUM After almost 70 years of trade liberalization, trade has been challenged. Global trade contracted by 10.6 percent and 2.3 percent in 2015 and 2016, respectively, and many claim the contraction was due to shifting exchange rates and falling commodity prices. In terms of volume, global trade recorded growth of 2.8 percent in 2015 and 2016. The multilateral system has been questioned, and even bil...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices