Rising uncertainty, more effective WTO needed
Lili Yan Ing
PREMIUM After almost 70 years of trade liberalization, trade has been challenged. Global trade contracted by 10.6 percent and 2.3 percent in 2015 and 2016, respectively, and many claim the contraction was due to shifting exchange rates and falling commodity prices. In terms of volume, global trade recorded growth of 2.8 percent in 2015 and 2016. The multilateral system has been questioned, and even bil...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- The warning signs get stronger
- Microsoft co-founder, investor, philanthropist Allen dead at 65
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women