Rising uncertainty, more effective WTO needed
Lili Yan Ing
PREMIUM After almost 70 years of trade liberalization, trade has been challenged. Global trade contracted by 10.6 percent and 2.3 percent in 2015 and 2016, respectively, and many claim the contraction was due to shifting exchange rates and falling commodity prices. In terms of volume, global trade recorded growth of 2.8 percent in 2015 and 2016. The multilateral system has been questioned, and even bil...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world