Powering commitment in renewable energy
Dayu Nirma Amurwanti
The government’s vision for greener and sustainable energy has lost its allure compared to other more popular and visible programs. Energy sovereignty, included in President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s Nawa Cita (nine-point development program), is translated into a target of achieving 23 percent renewables in the energy mix by 2025 in the National Energy Plan.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world