Powering commitment in renewable energy
Dayu Nirma Amurwanti
The government’s vision for greener and sustainable energy has lost its allure compared to other more popular and visible programs. Energy sovereignty, included in President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s Nawa Cita (nine-point development program), is translated into a target of achieving 23 percent renewables in the energy mix by 2025 in the National Energy Plan.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices